Here's a Happy New Year gift to me: I just finished a story.
Wait a minute now, you don't understand. I haven't FINISHED a piece of fiction since [checks watch, flips calendar page, adjust sundial] approximately 1995. THIRTEEN FREAKIN' YEARS PEOPLE! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
[Pauses. Takes a breath]
And here are the details:
1. It's a Harry Potter fan fiction featuring Severus and Dumbledore.
2. The title is: For the Price of My Familiar.
3. Logline: The more powerful the wizard, the more potent his familiar, and the revered phoenix is the strongest of all. But nothing so dearly desired comes without a price, even in the Wizard world. So what Faustian bargain did Dumbledore make to acquire Fawkes? And whose lives were trampled on – for the greater good, of course – in the process?
4. You can find it on Fan Fiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4782241/1/. I would have posted it here but it's 30 pages and over 11,000 words long.
5. It happens in the Marauders Era but it's not about them.
6. I hadn't planned to write it. I was trying to write Chapter 4 of Well Done, My Good and Faithful Servant. But I realized I just didn't have enough narrative background to anchor that chapter. So this came out.
Hallelujah! Thank You, Lord! I FINISHED SOMETHING!!!!!!!!