Monday, September 22, 2008

I Want the REAL Superman to Return!

What has Warner Brothers been smoking?

Or maybe what I should be asking is what the heck is wrong with the American movie-going audience?

Superman Returns was a fantastic film. Okay, full disclosure: I saw it on DVD rather than in the theater. However I REALLY regret that because I loved the film after I saw it. And I loved Brandon Routh. The request for a darker Superman is really short-sighted. It tells me people don't really have faith in goodness anymore. It also tells me that Warner Brothers didn't do their homework. There was plenty of darkness in Superman Returns. And if they thought about it long enough, they'd realize there's plenty of darkness in Superman period.

You want a dark Superman? I'll give you a dark Superman.

Read my Superman fan fiction, Love's Divine, at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4315080/1/Loves_Divine.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: